Monday, September 24, 2007

what's your number?


For a good portion of my life I (as have many other women) have been very attached, even obessessed possibly with the number on the scale. But as it has been said many times, in the pages of magazines, by Oprah, Dr. Oz, my old trainer, friends, self-help gurus, diet books, etc., the number on the scale doesn't tell us if we're healthy. I started looking at the big picture several years ago, and it does help keep me in a Happy Medium state of mind. Here are the numbers I like to keep tabs on other than weight. BMI, size, and body fat percentage. As long as I fit into "healthy" ranges, I feel like I'm on track.

2 comments:

Katy said...

Good for you!!! You are absolutely right!!! :)

Alison Wills said...

Ya, for years I never looked at the number on the scale, it's always been about how my clothes fit me. This past January, I noticed that I was starting to gain some weight, so after uping my gym time and eating healthier, I do weigh myself now. It's actually a weekly thing...and this is also because I have the wedding dress to fit into...but you know, it's kind of an obsession, get the numbers right and don't go any higher to certain amount...and that stinks! I just want to get to a point where I'm back to being at a comfortable size, regardless of how much my scale says!