Saturday, October 13, 2007

a tale as old as time


it's been one month (monday) since i competed in my first triathlon. a great accomplishment! but, since then i have done nothing. i mean sure, the first week was a much needed break for recovery, and health reasons. then the next week i was out of town. but after that the excuses are flimsy and the effect is obvious. i am lethargic and gross. the worst part is that i know what's causing me to feel so bad - inactivity, but i can't seem to work exercise back into my life. and i am one of those people who makes better food choices when i'm active. it's a tale as old as time, bodies in motion tend to stay in motion while, bodies at rest get fat and lazy! i've done this too many times to count. - i've got to get out of the doldrums.


Happy Medium Moral: it's okay to rest on your laurels a little bit, but it's not okay to be so lazy that you're an unhappy medium.

1 comment:

Sharone, Uncloned said...

I did a triathlon in June (sprint-distance) and I had the same problem! Once it was over, it took me ages to get back into making good food choices and having motivation to work out.

This is a great blog. Where's the book??